List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] In need for name of a project
From:       "C.M.Lotion" <clairelotion () kde ! nl>
Date:       2007-01-30 19:07:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On vr januari 26 2007, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007 20:15, schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> > So, what do you think would be a good name for this?
>
> Crowd Control.
> Li(fe|ve)Links
> peers
> TouchBase
> InTouch
> Pulse (it has this live feedback thing)
> PulseNet
> Kloud
> Krowd
> Katch
> Kascade
> Kompanion
> Loom
> Meta Pals
> Meta Peers
> Sinfonia
> Polyphony
> (Orchestra) in use elsewhere
> Oscillation
> Concerto
> (Coral) perhaps too close to Corel
> Polyp
> AntFarm
> Gluon
> Crystal
> Molecule
>
> Still collecting... :)
> Friedrich

Hi Friedrich,

First off, I love these ideas of yours, the little PIM applet, this
networking tool, really cool!

Your framework reminds me of social networking or personal profile sites
such as Friendster, LinkedIn and MySpace. The drawback of these sites is
that you can network exclusively with people that also have registered an
account at the same service.

The big advantage of your tool compared to those sites, is that it does not
require an account at such services. It can be used as a simple address
book up to a full-fledged personal profile tool, that may be linked to
aformentioned services to enhance user experience.

My suggestions:

1. Community (Builder)

Isn't community building one of the KDE projects core activities ;- )? Not
only does community reflect the functionality of the framework, managing
of and interacting with people that you are related to through a network
of relations or community, but it also has a welcoming/warm ring to it for
users and induce a sense of belonging/being part of a community. This
could be a community of family, a group of friends or a socie

May I also suggest including the KDE community, its teams and main contacts
with a brief introduction as part of the standard available
communities/data. That way, people would have (part of) the KDE community
in their communities from the start. I would like our KDE users to think
about their KDE community as part of their social network. And although
they may not actually join the community, their contacts may notice us in
their network.

2. Pau Wau or PowWow (which unfortunately do not exactly fit the KDE 4
naming scheme )

More appropriate for the KDE 4 naming scheme and less straight-forward:
3. Resonance or Consonance

Regards,
Claire
--