List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] KDE Hacks on the Dot
From:       "Ahmed Saad" <ahmed.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-22 15:57:26

Hi all,

My name is Ahmed Saad. I'm an Egyptian Web developer (but I tinker
with writing desktop applications from a time to time). I've been a
KDE user since I ever started using GNU/Linux roughly two years ago
and been lurking on this list for a while..

While I have not heard from the Dot in my feed aggregator for 4 days
now, I thought about suggesting that a "KDE Hacks" article series
could be started on the Dot..While they might not all be "hacks" as in
something undocumented or not-so-obvious.. They might well shed some
light (with actual usage scenarios)  on small but very useful
KDE-based applications (KDE Wallet, basKet, Kopete, ?) or how to
effectiely use relatively bigger applications  (konqueror, koffice,
?)..

Well, I think that not all new users to KDE (or GNU/Linux for that
matter) would be so "comfortable" when reading "handbooks" (especially
that they might be outdated not reflecting important new features)..

I believe this would help us, KDE addicts, discover new techniques to
be more productive and more KDE-loving :)

Comments are welcome.

Regards,
Ahmed