List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Hacks on the Dot
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-23 2:21:39

On 22 June 2006 11:57, Ahmed Saad wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My name is Ahmed Saad. I'm an Egyptian Web developer (but I tinker
> with writing desktop applications from a time to time). I've been a
> KDE user since I ever started using GNU/Linux roughly two years ago
> and been lurking on this list for a while..
>
> While I have not heard from the Dot in my feed aggregator for 4 days
> now, I thought about suggesting that a "KDE Hacks" article series
> could be started on the Dot..While they might not all be "hacks" as in
> something undocumented or not-so-obvious.. They might well shed some
> light (with actual usage scenarios)  on small but very useful
> KDE-based applications (KDE Wallet, basKet, Kopete, ?) or how to
> effectiely use relatively bigger applications  (konqueror, koffice,
> ?)..
>
> Well, I think that not all new users to KDE (or GNU/Linux for that
> matter) would be so "comfortable" when reading "handbooks" (especially
> that they might be outdated not reflecting important new features)..
>
> I believe this would help us, KDE addicts, discover new techniques to
> be more productive and more KDE-loving :)

Hello Ahmed

Welcome here

I think this is a very nice idea. I also believe it was discussed (in this or
similar form) in the past. Main problem is writing time/man-power.

Given the way the dot functions, I believe that the best way of going forward
with your idea is to just put up some articles and collaborate with the
editors for the polishing and the publication.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna@kde.org .. http://www.kde.org