List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Getting extra events section requirements for
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-30 12:27:56

On Monday 29 May 2006 18:24, Tom Chance wrote:
> I've emailed a guy at CivicSpace labs who has set out to improve things...
> hopefully he'll bring me good news soon. In the meantime it would be good
> to flesh out, in an orderly fashion ;), the kinds of features we'd like to
> see.

During the KDE Multimedia Meeting Claire and I have been discussing this as
well. We concluded that for making the organisation of a next event more
efficient we would really like online registration of people. (And not only
for events like this, but also for other events, like booth staff for
LinuxTag, presentation people on Conference XYZ, and even aKademy attendants,
ideally.)

Information that we identified so far that the online registration should ask
people for:

  1. emergency contact information
  2. phone number(s)
  3. info for sponsor brochure (bio, cv, quickies, ...)
  4. plans for the meeting
  5. travelling from where, est. travel cost
  6. food requirements (e.g. halal, vegetarian)
  7. attendance days and times
  8. travels by car, if so, how many people can you take
  9. photo (hi-res!)
  10. can employer pay travel ?
  11. sponsor dude(tte) of employer, are they willing to sponsor the event
          itself?
  12. have laptop/other computer to take? if not, need one?
  13. mention reimbursement policy/guidelines/etc.
  14. RSS-feed of blog for a special 'Planet Event XYZ' feed

Not all apply to all events, but that should be part of the event
configuration to turn on/off certain fields.

--
Martijn