List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5.3
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-05-30 11:09:08

Tuesday 30 May 2006 03:46 Sebastian Kügler
> > > Did someone actually pick this up and write down something?
> > >
> > > It seems I will have to do it myself again - and I cannot promise I
> > > will do so.
> >
> > Compared to
> > http://kde.org/announcements/announce-3.5.2.php
> > there is only one section that needs changing - Enhancements
> > And, out of 3 sentences there only one has to be changed and one added.
> > We can just change 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 in the rest of the text.
> >
> > My proposal:
> > ------------------------------------
> > KDE 3.5.3 is a [significant] maintenance release. It provides resolutions
> > of issues reported through the KDE bug tracking system and through the
> > automated code quality assurance scanning services provided by our valued
> > partners.
> >
> > Several qualified features were also added with the goal of providing a
> > complete and harmonious [accommodating, refined] user experience.
> >
> > In other news, using the "feature freeze" excuse, devs, again,
> > successfully dodged the requests to fix the real issues. :)
> > ------------------------------------
>
> Thanks Danil!
>
> I'd propose to further work out the two key features we identified: speed
> improvements (Lubos' patches) and quality improvements (coverity e.a.). A
> paragraph would be nice.

OK, revision:

Specific performance improvements, as well, as several qualified features were
added with the goal of providing a complete and accommodating user
experience.

the Coverity part is covered by "and through the automated code quality
assurance scanning services provided by our valued partners." above.
You can't read no business English language, Yes? :)

--
Danil Dotsenko

 (\ /)
(O.o)