List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] make events.kde.die ...
From:       Joerg Hoh <joerg () joerghoh ! de>
Date:       2006-05-26 22:33:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi sebas, hi list

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 12:04:32AM +0200, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> mostly.
>
> Here's our masterplan for getting events.kde.org out of the way. EKO is mostly
> outdated and information is being duplicated on SpreadKDE.org, partly in the
> local group guide. At the Multimedia Meeting, we (Claire, Adriaan, Martijn
> and sebas) have been discussing what to do with EKO. Here are the results in
> short:

Oh, that was a SKO-Meeting rather than multimedia *g*

> * News: outdated, can go away, no use atm, will be the new events calendar

is ok, but we need to show up really soon with NEWS (instead of old stories
of 2005).

> * Links: 3 links, somewhat useful, very incomplete -> Recurring events [R]
> * Calendar: updated 2 months ago (meantime: wiki-style page??)
> * Promo FAQ needs to be folded into local group guide

I'm not very confident with that "local group guide" term. I associate
with that term a team of people organizing an event (think of the akademy
teams), but the things tackat wrote are not only about more or less
localized teams, but useful for everybody who wants to help us.

> * Resources: http://events.kde.org/resources/ useful, port as-is, update
> * Contact can go away, link to kde-promo and different events mailinglists
> * events.kde.org/info holds information about past events, we need some kind
> of "History" pages for past events where presentations and older schedules
> can go

Of course we need that; maybe "a small history of KDE events and booths",
combined with some photos?

> * We need a recurring events page, with events such as:
> 	- FOSDEM
> 	- Linuxtag
> 	- LWE in different tastes
> 	- Cebit
> 	- Systems
> 	- FISL

What would be the purpose of such a "recurring event page"?

> We would like to tackle the porting and deleting pages part tomorrow. Also,
> we'd need some feedback and input on the issue of "What to do with past
> events pages?". Those contain uninteresting bits (practical information such
> as infomails, and detailed planning that is not too interesting afterwards),
> but also things we definitely want to keep (presentations from past
> aKademies, for example). Martijn has a proposal for that part.

Ok, go on.

> After stripping down events.kde.org to the very bone, we will add links to it
> that direct the user to the updated pages on SpreadKDE.org (the place where
> also the new events calendar will show up once Barbara and Tom finish it).

Great.

Jörg

--
What did you do to the cat? It looks half-dead. -Schroedinger's wife