List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] make events.kde.die ...
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-26 22:04:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

mostly.

Here's our masterplan for getting events.kde.org out of the way. EKO is mostly
outdated and information is being duplicated on SpreadKDE.org, partly in the
local group guide. At the Multimedia Meeting, we (Claire, Adriaan, Martijn
and sebas) have been discussing what to do with EKO. Here are the results in
short:

* News: outdated, can go away, no use atm, will be the new events calendar
* Links: 3 links, somewhat useful, very incomplete -> Recurring events [R]
* Calendar: updated 2 months ago (meantime: wiki-style page??)
* Promo FAQ needs to be folded into local group guide
* Resources: http://events.kde.org/resources/ useful, port as-is, update
* Contact can go away, link to kde-promo and different events mailinglists
* events.kde.org/info holds information about past events, we need some kind
of "History" pages for past events where presentations and older schedules
can go
* We need a recurring events page, with events such as:
	- FOSDEM
	- Linuxtag
	- LWE in different tastes
	- Cebit
	- Systems
	- FISL

We would like to tackle the porting and deleting pages part tomorrow. Also,
we'd need some feedback and input on the issue of "What to do with past
events pages?". Those contain uninteresting bits (practical information such
as infomails, and detailed planning that is not too interesting afterwards),
but also things we definitely want to keep (presentations from past
aKademies, for example). Martijn has a proposal for that part.

After stripping down events.kde.org to the very bone, we will add links to it
that direct the user to the updated pages on SpreadKDE.org (the place where
also the new events calendar will show up once Barbara and Tom finish it).
--
sebas

Natural selection won't matter soon, not anywhere as much as concious
selection. We will civilize and alter ourselves to suit our ideas of what we
can be.  Within one more human lifespan, we will have changed ourselves
unrecognizably. - Greg Bear