List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] make events.kde.die ...
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-27 9:18:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 27 May 2006 00:33, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> > * News: outdated, can go away, no use atm, will be the new events
> > calendar
>
> is ok, but we need to show up really soon with NEWS (instead of old stories
> of 2005).

Jep, but keeping News in too many places is probably not going to work due to
maintainance issues. Using only the news of a certain category from the dot
might work though. (Via RSS?)

> > * Links: 3 links, somewhat useful, very incomplete -> Recurring events
> > [R] * Calendar: updated 2 months ago (meantime: wiki-style page??)
> > * Promo FAQ needs to be folded into local group guide
>
> I'm not very confident with that "local group guide" term. I associate
> with that term a team of people organizing an event (think of the akademy
> teams), but the things tackat wrote are not only about more or less
> localized teams, but useful for everybody who wants to help us.

The local Group Guide has a page visiting events, it's growing huge and needs
to be split up and moved to a more prominent place.

> > * Resources: http://events.kde.org/resources/ useful, port as-is, update
> > * Contact can go away, link to kde-promo and different events
> > mailinglists * events.kde.org/info holds information about past events,
> > we need some kind of "History" pages for past events where presentations
> > and older schedules can go
>
> Of course we need that; maybe "a small history of KDE events and booths",
> combined with some photos?

Yeah, but re-creating those pages is quite some work. :/

> > * We need a recurring events page, with events such as:
> > 	- FOSDEM
> > 	- Linuxtag
> > 	- LWE in different tastes
> > 	- Cebit
> > 	- Systems
> > 	- FISL
>
> What would be the purpose of such a "recurring event page"?

THink of an event like Linuxtag which is happening every year:
	- a lot of logistic things can be re-used (routes, hotels / restaurant
	  locations, contact data partly ...)
	- experiences from earlier years should be easily accessible
	- We need to know what's necessary when (and that covers preparations that
	  have to be done months in advance)

Thanks for the input!
--
sebas