List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Negative feedback about KDE non-openmindedness in
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 10:38:26

Eva Brucherseifer wrote:

> On Thursday 21 February 2002 03:09, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am certainly reading the discussion, but I hesitate to comment because
> > I do not feel comfortable speaking on behalf of the League.  To do that,
> > I need to have further discussions with the League members.  I plan to
> > do this in conjunction with the annual meeting which will occur in the
> > next month or so, and at that point I can offer an "official" response.
>
> Actually I was hoping that some of the other KDE people that are members of
> the KDE League and/or the KDE e.V. would comment on this. Dre - You are the
> only one who is always present and who is obviously working hard. (Your paper
> for the antitrust is quite good and I know how much it takes to write a good
> paper...)

Thanks :-) .

> So the only thing I would like to ask you for is this: Please beg the others,
> esp. KDE e.V. to answer all the open questions.

Believe me when I say, I have no more control over others than you do.

> Who are the other members anyways?
> In KDE League I know about you and Chris Schläger.

The Executive Committee is comprised of Chris, Eirik Eng and me.

> And KDE e.V. I know about Martin Konold, Chris Schläger, Mirko.
> Anyone else?

Kurt Granroth is an officer, I believe.  There are lots of "members"
though, and they have all the power over KDE e.V. (basically all the big
code contributors are members, though there may be some omissions due to
some general organizational problems - great coders do not necessarily
make great managers/organizers, but I'm sure we all know that already).

> After reading all the mails here I have the impression that we need to ask
> KDE e.V. not KDE League.
> At german expos we so far received and are receiving money by KDE e.V. I
> asked where the money comes from, but I got only very vague answers.
> I also got the information that it is not very much.

I don't know the source either, but have some idea of a balance, which
is not very much.

> Well, maybe we should all forget about the idea, to steadily get some money
> by "official KDE" to organize events and to have a transparent procedure for
> this. If we get money that's nice, if not - we better try to have own
> ressources and start the paypal stuff. It looks quite interesting (yes, I
> finally had a closer look ;-). The only pity is... you have to put the money
> somewhere... and that is acutally what KDE e.V. was made for. The reason why
> KDE e.V. exists is, to put the money somewhere so that you don't have to pay
> taxes...
>
> Does anyone know how much money one has to pay to paypal? They probably don't
> offer their services for free...

On behalf of the League I started the process last week of opening
paypal accounts for both the League and KDE e.V.  Hopefully there will
be some way to provide the contributor with some different "packages" to
contribute to -- like shows, giveaways (t-shirts, CDs, etc.),
presentations, etc.  I'll see when I get access to the full account.

Ciao,

Dre