List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Negative feedback about KDE non-openmindedness
From:       Tink <tink () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-22 4:46:41

At 05:14 -0600 02/21/02, Andreas Pour wrote in Re: [kde-promo]
Negative feedback about KDE non-openmin:

Adreas:
> So, my (and
> most others who have gotten burned) policy is not to work with people
> unless they have convinced me of their commitment and that working with
> that person will yield a net gain for the project.

That doesn't mean KDE should stop trying. I think it's rather
dangerous to put PR or KDE's marketing solely on one person. If, God
forbid, something happened to you, sick, accident, disagreement,
there would be no-one to take over. Seems to me like living on the
edge and not something you want.

Most people I know, and I'm not different, think only _they_ can do
the job right. If so many people quit while working on a project,
maybe it's a good thing to start asking why that happens.

Philippe:
> > When I look at it, what I see is lack the name of a responsible for stuff.
> > KDE has a too informal organization for the moment. We need to clearly
> > define a list of contacts for organization stuff.

Andreas:
> Are you volunteering?  Because it is easy to point out these problems;
> but quite another matter to find someone who does it.

> Which is another reason I like to avoid these discussions:  I can spend
> hours responding to emails and in the end nothing has been accomplished
> except some archives got bigger.  I hope you prove me wrong :-).

 From what I know Philippe contributes what he can, we _all_
contribute what we can, I sure you know that. I keep seeing you
pointing this out. I hope this doesn't mean you feel that we should
not ask questions or critize the way things are done within KDE
Leaque or KDE e.V. The way to come to an improvement or a solution is
through constructive criticism and an open mind and ear.

I'm sure Chris or Eirik can answer questions as well. Yes I know they
have busy jobs, but with accepting a position on a board they know
that there will be a time that they will have to answer questions of
the people they say they represent.
I have to agree with Phillipe, a list with actions would solve these
discussions and would free you from these obvious unwanted emails.

--
Tink

-- Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. --