List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kdepim on Windows
From:       Thorsten Staerk <thorsten () staerk ! de>
Date:       2005-01-15 15:05:06

On Saturday 15 January 2005 10:43, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Sunday 09 January 2005 15:37, Thorsten Staerk wrote:
> > I have KDEPIM running on Windows here on my computer.
> > All code built and, as far as I tested, everything runs.
>
> That sounds really interesting.
>
> > I am using KDEPIM as of KDE_3_1_4_RELEASE and kde-cygwin (on cygwin)
> > on Windows.
>
> Any chance of using a more recent version of kdepim?

That is the crucial point. I hope to be able to help the guys of kde-cygwin a
little with kde 3.4. Porting kdepim lasted half a year for me, I hope now I
get kde 3.4 done in half a year. But that's research work, and it is a common
mistake to do a time schedule for research work. So, maybe next week.

If you want to help, get your kde-devel-environment working on cygwin (see
http://www.staerk.de/thorsten/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=44),
download kdelibs, and as soon as you get it to compile, tell this list.

> > Does anyone want to publish it, e.g. on an official kde-cygwin-mirror
> > ?
>
> What does this include? Is it possible to generate a simple setup.exe
> which can be run on Windows to install kdepim and all what is needed to
> run it?

Yes, start http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe and use
http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/install as download mirror. Install the package
kde-3 from there (kdelibs, kdebase & kdedummy). Start the cygwin bash shell,
do a rebaseall -v. Start kde by startx.

Here, the kde-cygwin-team should publish my kdepim-package.