List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPilot and USB devices timing out
From:       Eric Jahn <eric () ejahn ! net>
Date:       2004-08-31 15:38:35

Under Debian Sid a new problemo has cropped up when using KPilot: my USB
device (a palm pilot using the visor module) are timing out really quickly.
I can backup with pilot-xfer aok.  However, with KPilot, if I wait too long,
the connection times out and my character device (/dev/usb/tts/1) goes away
until I power off and on the palm again.  Kpilot always says "connection
timed out" or "/dev/usb/tts/1 not available" or something like that until I
recycle.  When I recycle the palm's power and 666 the permissions on the
device node, it starts to sync and hits 10%, then says it can't connect.
This used to not happen for this pilot until very recently and all my other
USB devices work fine.  I have the devfsd managing my usb, but there's
nothing in devfsd.conf that looks like it would modify this behavior.  In
other words, how do I make my character device stay there?  I see it
appearing and reappearing?  When it reappears, the permissions are set to
unuseable state (r_x,r_x,r_x) and need to be 666'd.  Anyone else see this?
--
Eric J