Under Debian Sid a new problemo has cropped up when using KPilot: my USB device (a palm pilot using the visor module) are timing out really quickly. I can backup with pilot-xfer aok. However, with KPilot, if I wait too long, the connection times out and my character device (/dev/usb/tts/1) goes away until I power off and on the palm again. Kpilot always says "connection timed out" or "/dev/usb/tts/1 not available" or something like that until I recycle. When I recycle the palm's power and 666 the permissions on the device node, it starts to sync and hits 10%, then says it can't connect. This used to not happen for this pilot until very recently and all my other USB devices work fine. I have the devfsd managing my usb, but there's nothing in devfsd.conf that looks like it would modify this behavior. In other words, how do I make my character device stay there? I see it appearing and reappearing? When it reappears, the permissions are set to unuseable state (r_x,r_x,r_x) and need to be 666'd. Anyone else see this? -- Eric J _______________________________________________ kde-pim mailing list kde-pim@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim kde-pim home page at http://pim.kde.org/