List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: evenements =?iso-8859-1?Q?multim=E9dia?=
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-02-20 1:52:34

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 07:53:43AM -0500, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

Thanks for the translation, Cristian, I have to admit my French is not
sufficient for this mail :-}

> He proposes to put a really speaking sound themes set on KDE. Of course, his
> proposal, a selectable (language, gender, tonality, humors etc.) would
> require a voice synthesis engine, but providing a few sets premade could work.
>
> He then continues proposing a configuration of verbosity of sound events in
> the interface. This is a nice suggestions and could be a not so difficult to
> add enhancement to KNotify in general.
>
> > Ok? Pas ok?
>
> :-) I'd say it's OK, but it's rather a thing to do in the (not so distant)
> future, once we have all things stabilized and an essential set of sounds
> (beeps and blopps, mind you) would be already available.

Definitely sounds interesting to integrate some speech engine into KDE. I
think Rich already worked on that (using Festival), creating a
speech-enabled KEdit.

And yes, KNotify and the Config-module definitely need some work. I'll
move that up on my TODO for 2.2.

Best wishes,
Carsten Pfeiffer