List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: evenements =?iso-8859-1?q?multim=E9dia?=
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-19 12:53:43

Well, I think I will try to translate this message for Jean-Phillipe. I
believe the fact he found the news item (translated in fr?) on the linuxfr
site made him think we were all understanding french here.

The idea is, if obvious and straightforward, yet appealing.

He proposes to put a really speaking sound themes set on KDE. Of course, his
proposal, a selectable (language, gender, tonality, humors etc.) would
require a voice synthesis engine, but providing a few sets premade could work.

He then continues proposing a configuration of verbosity of sound events in
the interface. This is a nice suggestions and could be a not so difficult to
add enhancement to KNotify in general.

> Ok? Pas ok?

:-) I'd say it's OK, but it's rather a thing to do in the (not so distant)
future, once we have all things stabilized and an essential set of sounds
(beeps and blopps, mind you) would be already available.

--
Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna@sympatico.ca
PhD Student .. ctibirna@giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna