On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 07:53:43AM -0500, Cristian Tibirna wrote: Thanks for the translation, Cristian, I have to admit my French is not sufficient for this mail :-} > He proposes to put a really speaking sound themes set on KDE. Of course, his > proposal, a selectable (language, gender, tonality, humors etc.) would > require a voice synthesis engine, but providing a few sets premade could work. > > He then continues proposing a configuration of verbosity of sound events in > the interface. This is a nice suggestions and could be a not so difficult to > add enhancement to KNotify in general. > > > Ok? Pas ok? > > :-) I'd say it's OK, but it's rather a thing to do in the (not so distant) > future, once we have all things stabilized and an essential set of sounds > (beeps and blopps, mind you) would be already available. Definitely sounds interesting to integrate some speech engine into KDE. I think Rich already worked on that (using Festival), creating a speech-enabled KEdit. And yes, KNotify and the Config-module definitely need some work. I'll move that up on my TODO for 2.2. Best wishes, Carsten Pfeiffer _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia