List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Improvements to menubar
From:       Federico Cozzi <cozzi () cibs ! sns ! it>
Date:       2000-04-29 19:45:42

> Lastly, the K menu doesn't behave like the rest of the menus in the
> menubar. When the user mouses down over the K, a menu drops down. But
> if the user drags the mouse away, onto the other menu titles, the K
> menu remains. And visa versa: when the user mouses down over another
> menu title, moving the mouse over a different title displays the
> appropriate menu. But not the K. It stubbornly refuses to drop down
> unless the user clicks on it, and once dropped down, it refuses to let
> other menus drop down.

I'm not using KDE now, so I can't really understand which program behaves
how.
 But I must say, I prefer the "click to open"-menu versus the
"open menu follows mouse"-menu, because I think it's easier on
motion-impaired (and mouse-impaired :-) people.
 A single click is easier to obtain than a perfect movement of the mouse.
Also, if you half-click (i.e. you don't release the mouse button) on
"click to open"-menus you get exactly the "open menu follows mouse"-menus
behaviour.

Shortly: I advocate the "click to open"-menu type, for every KDE program.

--
Federico Cozzi                              Federico.Cozzi@sns.it
                                            PGP key: 0xC3B01DEA