List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] unmount prob - was: konstruct question ?
From:       Chris Kuhi <kdelists () kuhi ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 10:57:17

On Thursday 30 January 2003 04:56, ghwbush wrote:
> hmmm .. that's encouraging, but I just tried again and it fails until I
> close Konqi .. and not only the Konqi I was using for file browsing, but
> also the other which I was using for web browsing ... I tried different
> mount methods (created a desktop CDROM device, also tried from terminal)
> and always get the same "device is busy" message.  I've tried it as root
> and also a user.  This is puzzling.  Incidentally, I also have the same
> problem with mounting another disk partition (device busy until I close all
> open Konqi's ... even if I didn't browse the drive with Konqi).
>
> Can someone else comment on whether they encounter this problem?  Maybe I
> need to recompile.

Just tried it in a freshly compiled 3.1 (with konstruct) and it works
correctly for me too, so it must be something with your install.  Did you
maybe install *over* an old install?  Maybe there are some old shared libs
which are getting called.  Try to wipe the install directory completely to
insure your install is 'clean'.

Regards,
--
Chris Kuhi