List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] unmount prob - was: konstruct question ?
From:       ghwbush <ghwbush () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 3:56:37

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 11:12 am, Werner Joss wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 January 2003 15:02, ghwbush wrote:
> > Yes, I installed it successfully.  I am disappointed that it's still not
> > possible to umount a cdrom without closing konqueror, so I'm back to
> > 3.0.5a until the next release.  If that's important to you, don't waste
> > your time building it.
>
> I just finished my kde3.1 build, mounted a cd, browsed it with
> konqueror, then went back to my home dir, but left konqui opened.
> unmount /dev/cdrom worked ok then.
> the bug mentioned above was there in 3.1_rc6, but seems to be fixed now.
>
> werner

hmmm .. that's encouraging, but I just tried again and it fails until I close
Konqi .. and not only the Konqi I was using for file browsing, but also the
other which I was using for web browsing ... I tried different mount methods
(created a desktop CDROM device, also tried from terminal) and always get the
same "device is busy" message.  I've tried it as root and also a user.  This
is puzzling.  Incidentally, I also have the same problem with mounting
another disk partition (device busy until I close all open Konqi's ... even
if I didn't browse the drive with Konqi).

Can someone else comment on whether they encounter this problem?  Maybe I need
to recompile.