List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] unmount prob - was: konstruct question ?
From:       ghwbush <ghwbush () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 14:44:58

On Thursday 30 January 2003 05:57 am, Chris Kuhi wrote:
> On Thursday 30 January 2003 04:56, ghwbush wrote:
> > hmmm .. that's encouraging, but I just tried again and it fails until
> > I close Konqi .. and not only the Konqi I was using for file browsing,
> > but also the other which I was using for web browsing ... I tried
> > different mount methods (created a desktop CDROM device, also tried
> > from terminal) and always get the same "device is busy" message.  I've
> > tried it as root and also a user.  This is puzzling.  Incidentally, I
> > also have the same problem with mounting another disk partition
> > (device busy until I close all open Konqi's ... even if I didn't
> > browse the drive with Konqi).
> >
> > Can someone else comment on whether they encounter this problem?
> > Maybe I need to recompile.
>
> Just tried it in a freshly compiled 3.1 (with konstruct) and it works
> correctly for me too, so it must be something with your install.  Did
> you maybe install *over* an old install?  Maybe there are some old
> shared libs which are getting called.  Try to wipe the install directory
> completely to insure your install is 'clean'.
>
> Regards,

Thanks, I'll give it a try.  I was running on kde-3.1rc6, build in my ~home
directory and building kde-3.1 into /usr/local/kde3.1, using konstruct.
It seems unlikely that a new file might have overwritten the old.  I also
notice that konstruct skipped kdesdk and kdebindings.  Did you get kdesdk
and kdebindings in your build?  If so, maybe my konstruct was foobar'd
somehow.  In perusing the garnome instructions for gnome-2, I noticed
advice to use python-2.  But, for konstruct, there's no such advice.  I
had the impression garnome and konstruct are similar.  My default python
is 1.5.  Maybe konstruct needs python-2 .. what python version did you
use?

TIA