List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] DCOP Authentication Failure
From:       Peter Hiltz <peter () peterhiltz ! com>
Date:       2002-04-13 16:27:03

Sean,

Bingo, you've narrowed it down.

/etc/hostname contains the single line
scruppy.peterhiltz.com

which is correct.

hostname -f returns 'hostname: Unknown host'

The startup scripts claim to successfully set name to scruppy.peterhiltz.com,
but apparently don't.

If I run 'hostname scruppy.peterhiltz.com'

KDE is happy (or at least as happy as it gets without sound drivers setup
yet).  Now to investigate why the init.d script isn't working properly.

Thanks. I owe you a drink.

Peter