List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KIllustrator renamed
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-16 18:48:49

On Monday 16 July 2001 18:36, T.J. Mather wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To do fast search and replace across multiple files (say all xml files in
> the doc dir) you can use Perl:
>
> perl -pi -e 's/KIllustrator/Kontour/g' doc/*.xml
>
> This way you can translate all the docs in under a minute!

Why bother?

The docs are already correct.  The generated text is already correct.  There
is *no need for any action by the translators*.

Oh, that and the fact, we have no files named *.xml, and that the .docbook
files we do have are generated out of .po files, so changing them would
directly would be a: futile, and b: wouldn't alter the fact that if I touch
the english docs, the strings will still be made fuzzy.

--
Lauri Watts