List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Heads up: docs that will be changed pre release
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-16 20:16:36

Here's a quick list of docs that I know are still coming.  There may be
others, but these are the ones that are expected, so, to the docs
translators, you may want to prioritise these a little down the list:

kdebase/doc/kioslaves. A couple of people are working on them right now,
expect to have them completed and committed by late tomorrow

kdebase/doc/kate.  We're hoping to get this one completed by late this
week... still, the doc that's there is new, and better than the previous
situation of no doc at all.  The existing content is unlikely to be changed,
only added to, so you may like to translate this one anyway, even if the late
additions don't make it into your translated version.

kdebase/doc/kdeprint. This is a new manual, and as writing only started
during linuxtag, I really don't expect it to be completed before the last
minute.  I can commit a partially done version if I get support for it, so
that you can get at least some minimal kdeprint documentation into the
translations

kdetoys/doc/amor.  I'm about to update this one, with a new manual.  I
realise it' s not urgent, but it's just now done, and it'd be nice to get
into the English release.

kdebase/doc/kcontrol.  This one is the usual nightmare, and probably won't be
completed til the last minute, if at all (the modules are *still* being moved
and rearranged!)

kdenetwork/doc/kmail.  Developers are apparently still working on this one,
it's being changed often.

kdenetwork/doc/knode.  A substantially updated manual is being translated
into English, from German.  This one is probably going to be a last minute
update (sorry!)

The FAQ.  It's being feverishly worked on, I don't know if Rainer can start
committing completed chapters, which would at least give you guys something
to get started on.   This is a major change, the FAQ has had no attention for
over 6 months, so you can imagine how out of date it is.

I think that's all, the updates on the above vary between "nearly the whole
thing" and "as little as humanly possible", erring to the latter where we can
manage it.

Again, anything not listed above is not expected to be updated, but it's not
impossible either, if the authors send in anything new.

Regards,

--
Lauri Watts