List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KIllustrator renamed
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-16 17:27:16

On Monday 16 July 2001 18:13, Juraj Bednar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I've changed the entities for the docs.
> >
> > &killustrator; will still (for a while) generate
> > <application>Kontour</application> in the documentation.
> >
> > I added a new entity &kontour;, which will generate the same - please use
> > this in any new documentation or new translations.  I'll change the
> > entities in the existing docs to use &kontour; after release, to save
> > breaking translations any more than necessary.
>
> what about changing &killustrator; to &kontour; in translations as well?
> I think it can be done with two lines of bash script. Is there a reason
> not to do this?

Yes, a very good reason, I don't want to be scalped by translators :)

It would make every single message that says &killustrator; fuzzy (or
untranslated, I'm not sure), and will be no different (the effect on the
generated text will be exactly the same).  That's an awful lot of messages,
as Kontour is mentioned in quite a few docs, including most of the major
"general" texts, such as the user guide, as well as the numerous mentions in
the koffice documentation.

That's why I wasn't planning to change them until after the release.

--
Lauri Watts