List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problem with desktop.po and kdelibs.po or Kbabel 0.9.1
From:       Matthias Kiefer <kiefer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-01 9:23:46

Am Samstag, 30. Juni 2001 16:07 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> On Saturday, 30. June 2001 14:57, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > Probably kbabel. I just discovered that I have same problem with
> > kdevelop.po. Kbabel says that it has 39 strings only. But file seems
> > to be ok.
>
> You should try to iconv from utf-8 to your locale to check if it's correct
> utf-8. kbabel is quite unmildly about wrong utf-8 files.
Hmm, well I know there is room for improvement... ;-)

I also think, that this could be the cause of the problem. I am a little bit
unsure, because Andris said that it works with older KBabel versions. If
older version means 0.8.x than it is clear. Otherwise there must be another
problem.

If the encoding of the files are correct, please send me a example of the
problematic po files and I will try to find out what the problem is.

Greetings,
   Matthias
--
Matthias Kiefer