List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problem with desktop.po and kdelibs.po or Kbabel 0.9.1
From:       Taiki Komoda <tklab () pa3 ! so-net ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2001-07-04 8:43:50

Matthias Kiefer wrote:

> Am Samstag, 30. Juni 2001 16:07 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > On Saturday, 30. June 2001 14:57, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > > Probably kbabel. I just discovered that I have same problem with
> > > kdevelop.po. Kbabel says that it has 39 strings only. But file seems
> > > to be ok.
> >
> > You should try to iconv from utf-8 to your locale to check if it's correct
> > utf-8. kbabel is quite unmildly about wrong utf-8 files.
> Hmm, well I know there is room for improvement... ;-)
>
> I also think, that this could be the cause of the problem. I am a little bit
> unsure, because Andris said that it works with older KBabel versions. If
> older version means 0.8.x than it is clear. Otherwise there must be another
> problem.
>
> If the encoding of the files are correct, please send me a example of the
> problematic po files and I will try to find out what the problem is.
>
> Greetings,
>    Matthias
> --
> Matthias Kiefer
> E-Mail: kiefer@kde.org
> KBabel: http://i18n.kde.org/tools/kbabel/

Is this problem already fixed?
I'm still suffering from this problem ;(
Of cource, I set propery "plural form value" to "NoPlural" in kdelibs.po and
"Number of singular / plural form" to "1" in kbabel setting.

I'm using kbabel-0.9.2(kdesdk-2.2beta1).
Try kdelibs.po and desktop.po in "kde-i18n-ja-2.2beta1.tar.bz2" .

regards,

--
Taiki.Komoda [e-mail] tklab@pa3.so-net.ne.jp