List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: String reuse in KBabel
From:       Matthias Kiefer <kiefer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-01 9:32:26

Hi,

Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2001 16:34 schrieb Jacob Sparre Andersen:
> The translation database configuration dialog seems to reuse
> the menu entry text for the same dialog as a _part_ of the
> dialog title.
Exactly, because the menu entries are meant as name of the different
dictionaries.  This is because every dictionary is a dynamically loaded
plugin, so the menu is also generated dynamically depending on the installed
dictionaries.

> But there are at least two problems:
>
>  1) I can't define an accelerator key for those menu
>     entries.
Yes, I know. I haven't found a solution for this. The accelerators in the
menus Dictionaries->Find... can also not changed because they are generated
when the menu is generated.

>  2) In some languages the rules about when to capitalise
>     words and when not to capitalise words, will make either
>     the menu entry or the dialog title incorrect.
As I said, the text is meant as name of the dictionary.

>  3) It is not unheard of, that the words for "compendium"
>     and "database" have different genders, and thus would
>     need slightly differently formulated surrounding texts.
See 2).

Greetings,
   Matthias
--