List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Bug Report or Bugreport
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-04-30 14:25:04

Le Monday 30 April 2001 16:10, Thomas Diehl a écrit :

> I think we already agreed on the importance of official KDE
> proofreaders several times  -- last time I remember was May last year.
> But somehow it never really started. Probably because we always had a
> lack of native speakers with enough spare time and courage to mess
> around not only with PO and doc files but also with the code and who
> would, finally, enforce their findings.
>
> I would still suggest to have a dedicated team for this -- recruiting
> most of its staff from the doc people of course since this is our
> biggest pool of native speakers and good stylists. But, OTOH, this is
> is not just a doc issue.

Of course. The question is: do we start a separate team for this, or do we
extend the tasks of the English team beyond the doc area? The advantage of a
single team would be that it would enfore linguistic consistency between the
applications and the docs. What has Lauri to say?

> Malcolm already offered to do some of this work, BTW. I would suggest,
> therefore, to post a call for participants to this list, the doc lists,
> kde-look, and the devel lists and start a real team.

I agree that we should call for participants.