List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    New dates format in doc
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-04-30 14:20:39

Hi all,

I finally converted the format of all dates in the documentation from the
European format (DD/MM/YYYY) to the standard ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD).

	Old one:	31/12/2001
	New one:	2001-12-31

Rationale:
- It is more respectuous of US users (who are used to MM/DD/YYYY)
- such dates have the advantage of being easily sorted, the most significant
digits being at the left
- it is international standard, and has been adopted by the other doc projects

So please stick to this format for the dates in the future.

Note: my scripts were only able to detect dates surrounded by <date> tag. If
there was no such tag, then the date has not been converted.

Note: I didn't change them in "kde-i18n" module since everything is now
regenerated out of the po files and the English XML files. Coolo, please
correct me if it was wrong to do so.