List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Bug Report or Bugreport
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 14:10:44

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:44:44 +0200, Eric Bischoff wrote:

>Le Tuesday 01 May 2001 15:33, Erik K. Pedersen a  crit :
>>>
>> Having spent some time translating doc-po files recently, it is actually
>> an amazing difference to translating po-files, mainly I believe, because
>> the original authors know English well. So I support the notion that there
>> should be somebody to help the developers with their strings.
>
>Which means the English team should not only write docs, but also proofread
>application pos.

I think we already agreed on the importance of official KDE
proofreaders several times  -- last time I remember was May last year.
But somehow it never really started. Probably because we always had a
lack of native speakers with enough spare time and courage to mess
around not only with PO and doc files but also with the code and who
would, finally, enforce their findings.

I would still suggest to have a dedicated team for this -- recruiting
most of its staff from the doc people of course since this is our
biggest pool of native speakers and good stylists. But, OTOH, this is
is not just a doc issue.

Malcolm already offered to do some of this work, BTW. I would suggest,
therefore, to post a call for participants to this list, the doc lists,
kde-look, and the devel lists and start a real team.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/