List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdeedu-data translation branches
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-09-18 21:25:27

El dimecres, 18 de setembre de 2019, a les 15:41:10 CEST, Luigi Toscano va escriure:
> Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> > What's the reason why kdeedu-data has its translations branches set to none in
> > repo-metadata?  There's no i18n() translations here only data ones but I'd
> > think they same setup should apply no?
>

> The data files are manually translated right now, and it would be good to
> translated them using gettext as well. They are not translated directly just
> because probably no one implemented the message extraction for kvtml files
> back in the days.

The problem is you "can't do it" correctly.

If we have a "simple.kvtml" file that is easy words for khangman, the fact that a \
word is easy in English doesn't mean the word will be easy in TranslationLanguage.

As far as i remember, that's the reason we decided not to have extraction to po and \
back for these files.

Cheers,
  Albert