List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to check in which .mo/.po file a string from the program is located?
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2013-07-18 6:37:39

написане Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:26:12 +0300, R33D3M33R <andrejm@ubuntu.si>:

> Dne 17. 07. 2013 07:16, piše Yuri Chornoivan:
> > написане Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:08:04 +0300, R33D3M33R <andrejm@ubuntu.si>:

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > yes. These should be the strings, but only ext, modified, perms, rwx
> > > are not translated. The rest of column headers is.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Andrej
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > There are no other inclusions of, for example, "Ext" in KDE
> > translations. Can it be that you have installed old translation
> > locally? What does "locate krusader.mo" say?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your answers.
> >
> > BTW duplicates and alternative can be found using some more or less
> > complete translations (pt, pt_BR, sv, uk) here:
> >
> > http://l10n.kde.org/dictionary/search-translations.php
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri
> Hello,
>
> Here is the locate output (i ran updatedb before executing)
> ~$ locate krusader.mo | grep sl
> /usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/desktop_extragear-utils_krusader.mo
> /usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/krusader.mo
>
> Without grep sl, only files in /usr/share/locale/../ are shown.
>
> I also changed the "Name" translation from "Ime" to "Ime1", built it and
> the program picked it up. This means that the translation in
> /usr/share/locale/../ is 100% the file used. I also did a diff on German
> translation directly generated from .mo file installed on this system
> and mine, Slovenian, translation. The problematic columns seem to match
> perfectly.
>
> I'm pretty clueless here. If it would be a packaging bug (I'm using
> Kubuntu 13.04), this would also be a problem with other languagues. If
> it would be a string length bug, translation for "SIze" wouldn't be
> displayed, because it's translated as "Velikost".
>
> Best regards,
> Andrej

Really strange. I have Krusader 2.4.0-beta3 (self-compiled from
git/master) in Mageia 3 and Slovenian translation is perfectly visible
here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55247264/krusader_sl.png

Can you manually check if you have a folder
~/.kde/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES with krusader.mo in it?