List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to check in which .mo/.po file a string from the program is located?
From:       R33D3M33R <andrejm () ubuntu ! si>
Date:       2013-07-18 5:26:12

Dne 17. 07. 2013 07:16, piše Yuri Chornoivan:
> написане Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:08:04 +0300, R33D3M33R <andrejm@ubuntu.si>:

> > > Are you talking about the string from line 5633 here:
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/extragear-utils/krusader.pot?view=markup \
> > >

> > > and line 5923 here:
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/x-test/messages/extragear-utils/krusader.po?revision=1355823&view=markup \
> > >

> > > ?
> > >
> > > Ciao
> > Hello,
> >
> > yes. These should be the strings, but only ext, modified, perms, rwx
> > are not translated. The rest of column headers is.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andrej
> >

> Hi,
>
> There are no other inclusions of, for example, "Ext" in KDE
> translations. Can it be that you have installed old translation
> locally? What does "locate krusader.mo" say?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> BTW duplicates and alternative can be found using some more or less
> complete translations (pt, pt_BR, sv, uk) here:
>
> http://l10n.kde.org/dictionary/search-translations.php
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri
Hello,

Here is the locate output (i ran updatedb before executing)
~$ locate krusader.mo | grep sl
/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/desktop_extragear-utils_krusader.mo
/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/krusader.mo

Without grep sl, only files in /usr/share/locale/../ are shown.

I also changed the "Name" translation from "Ime" to "Ime1", built it and
the program picked it up. This means that the translation in
/usr/share/locale/../ is 100% the file used. I also did a diff on German
translation directly generated from .mo file installed on this system
and mine, Slovenian, translation. The problematic columns seem to match
perfectly.

I'm pretty clueless here. If it would be a packaging bug (I'm using
Kubuntu 13.04), this would also be a problem with other languagues. If
it would be a string length bug, translation for "SIze" wouldn't be
displayed, because it's translated as "Velikost".

Best regards,
Andrej