List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translating KDE with Translatewiki
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-03-17 11:54:39

El Diumenge, 17 de març de 2013, a les 09:59:36, Anne Wilson va escriure:

> On 16/03/13 19:29, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> It is therefore not unreasonable to believe that you have no
> >> interest in its development.
> >
> > From another point of view, we could say that it is not
> > unreasonable to believe that he had really no time for that. I
> > think that in this case a ping on this list could have helped, at
> > least to reduce the bus factor and gather more information.
>
> This is history, and I can't even remember how many efforts I made.
> There's no point in pursuing this.

> >> Because it is a wiki extension, and we are concerned with wiki
> >> translations.  If someone wants detailed information about how
> >> it works, people who can give that information are usually
> >> available on the channel.  If someone does require such
> >> information and finds it potentially useful, then it would be
> >> sensible to bring it to the attention of the i18n team.
> >
> > I don't agree with this: its existence has a real impact on the
> > work of translation teams,
>
> How?
>
> > so this list is also a place which should be considered when some
> > changes like this are in the queue. We are stakeholders too for
> > this.
> >
> > Please see my email in this thread where I outlined the issues that
> > the current situation had brought and the proposal on what's
> > missing to solve it (i.e. integration of the workflow with the
> > current one, stable exporting of translations to svn for teams to
> > allow teams to wants to opt-out from the usage of wiki for
> > translations to do it).
>
> Niklas is already dealing with technical aspects.

Or how is TranslateWiki going to commit at all? I hope no one is planning to
give their private ssh keys to an externally controlled webpage.

Sharing your *personal* private ssh keys is against KDE policies and will
probably result in account termination (and that's not my policy but a
sysadmin one).

Cheers,
  Albert