List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: XML errors
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-07-30 14:43:06

> [: Nicolas Ternisien :]
> I would like to know if those checks could be added to some posieve of the
> pology tool, that will allow translators discovering their PO problems
> directly from the command line. [...]

These checks are already available through a single Pology sieve,
check-tp-kde, for local use. It only requires that the catalogs to be
checked locally are arranged as in the repository, up to the root of
language directory (e.g. .../LANG/messags/kdebase/dolphin.po is fine,
.../LANG-messages-stable/kdebase/dolphin.po is not). Then it can be run on
all language POs simply like:

  $ posieve check-tp-kde .../LANG/

or of course on any single PO or submodule in particular, so long as it's in
proper place in the folder tree.

If using KDE 4.3 release of Lokalize, then -slokalize parameter can be added
to previous command line, to have catalogs with faulty messages opened in
Lokalize, and showing only those messages (the error note will be given in
Context pane). Lokalize needs to be started and translation project opened
before the sieve is run like this.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team