List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translations licensing
From:       Gordon Schumacher <gordon () rebit ! com>
Date:       2009-04-30 22:21:36

Toussis Manolis wrote:

> Hi ,
> I am a coordinator in greek kde translation team.
> A person contact me via email asking me about the license of the translated
> greek files. He was interested in kdeqt.po especially.
>
> I didn't know what to answer.
>
> Any ideas?

As it happens, that was me as well :)

Indeed, either LGPL or "the same as Qt" (for kdeqt.po specifically) is
probably the friendliest to other Qt developers (and thus indirectly to
Trolltech); as far as the translations that are specific to particular
applications, I doubt that they would often be very useful to other
developers, so I don't think it matters as much in that case.