List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Belarusian Latin translation project for KDE4
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-08-26 21:32:56

A Divendres 22 Agost 2008, Ihar Hrachyshka va escriure:
> Hello guys!

Hi

> I'm glad to inform you about the start of the new l10n effort for
> KDE4: Belarusian language in its Latin script variant (be@latin glibc
> locale). Though there is already Belarusian team I think that
> organisationally it would be better to register a separate team for
> Belarusian Latin because in Belarusian l10n there are more
> differencies in two i18n communities - Cyrillic and Latin - then in
> f.e. Serbian language where Latin translations are prepared with the
> help of programmatic script convertor. There are large differencies in
> terminology, morphological forms etc.
>
> I think that current Belarusian KDE coordinator and contributors will
> support such way of resolving the issue (I added their addresses into
> CC).

Any comment from current Belarusian KDE people?

> That's why I ask to approve the new effort and make me its first
> coordinator.
>
> -----
> A little about me: I'm a current GNOME Belarusian (in both scripts)
> l10n coordinator, one of two major GNOME be@latin contributors, former
> Belarusian Cyrillic coordinator, participant of other free software
> projects (as localizer and developer too). I already have l10n SVN
> account (hrachyshka)... So I have enough knowledge and experience to
> coordinate the new KDE sub-project.
> -----

Unless someone from the current Belarusian KDE people strongly disagree, you
must follow "normal" rules for a team to be created, that is, translate
kdelibs to 90% or more and send it to me. I'll proceed with team creation
from there.

Albert