List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Belarusian Latin translation project for KDE4
From:       "Ihar Hrachyshka" <ihar.hrachyshka () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-22 20:57:04

Hello guys!

I'm glad to inform you about the start of the new l10n effort for
KDE4: Belarusian language in its Latin script variant (be@latin glibc
locale). Though there is already Belarusian team I think that
organisationally it would be better to register a separate team for
Belarusian Latin because in Belarusian l10n there are more
differencies in two i18n communities - Cyrillic and Latin - then in
f.e. Serbian language where Latin translations are prepared with the
help of programmatic script convertor. There are large differencies in
terminology, morphological forms etc.

I think that current Belarusian KDE coordinator and contributors will
support such way of resolving the issue (I added their addresses into
CC).

That's why I ask to approve the new effort and make me its first coordinator.

-----
A little about me: I'm a current GNOME Belarusian (in both scripts)
l10n coordinator, one of two major GNOME be@latin contributors, former
Belarusian Cyrillic coordinator, participant of other free software
projects (as localizer and developer too). I already have l10n SVN
account (hrachyshka)... So I have enough knowledge and experience to
coordinate the new KDE sub-project.
-----

If you have some questions feel free to ask me through this ML or my
jabber (ihar.hrachyshka@jabber.cz).

Thank you for your time and efforts,
Best regards,
Ihar Hrachyshka.