List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: converting translations to KDE4 - again
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2007-09-05 22:24:38

Op dinsdag 04 september 2007, schreef Donatas G.:
> Lithuanian team is about to switch to translation of KDE 4 and we would
> like to migrate all the translations we have in the stable branch to kde4.
>
> We might also have some files translated already in
> trunk/l10n-kde4/lt/messages/
> (ones like Dolphin, not available in KDE3) so we don't want to loose that.
>
> After some googling I found out I could perhaps do it this way:
>
> cd trunk/l10n-kde4/
> ./scripts/conversion/convert_language.sh ../../branches/stable/l10n lt
>
> Is it the right way to do migration? Will we loose something that might be
> already translated in trunk/l10n-kde4 in the process?

i used this tip that Thomas recently posted to the list to convert
the -desktop files:

This is what Stephan Kulow wrote some days ago on the german list how to do it
manually:
msgcat --no-wrap in.po | perl kde3_convert_desktop.pl | msgcat - -o out.po

of course this can be combined with a "find" and a "for foo do" loop.

And this one for the other files:

svn up trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts
cd trunk/l10n-kde4/hsb/messages
../../scripts/conversion/kdepo2std.pl kdelibs/kdelibs.po

AFAIK i didn't loose anything, all changed strings were made fuzzy.

Regards, Rinse