List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: converting translations to KDE4 - again
From:       "Donatas G." <dgvirtual () akl ! lt>
Date:       2007-09-06 13:23:12

On Thursday 06 September 2007 01:24:38 Rinse de Vries rašė:
> Op dinsdag 04 september 2007, schreef Donatas G.:
> > Lithuanian team is about to switch to translation of KDE 4 and we would
> > like to migrate all the translations we have in the stable branch to
> > kde4.
> >
> > We might also have some files translated already in
> > trunk/l10n-kde4/lt/messages/
> > (ones like Dolphin, not available in KDE3) so we don't want to loose
> > that.
> >
> > After some googling I found out I could perhaps do it this way:
> >
> > cd trunk/l10n-kde4/
> > ./scripts/conversion/convert_language.sh ../../branches/stable/l10n lt
> >
> > Is it the right way to do migration? Will we loose something that might
> > be already translated in trunk/l10n-kde4 in the process?
>
> i used this tip that Thomas recently posted to the list to convert
> the -desktop files:
>

> This is what Stephan Kulow wrote some days ago on the german list how to do
> it manually:
> msgcat --no-wrap in.po | perl kde3_convert_desktop.pl | msgcat - -o out.po
>
> of course this can be combined with a "find" and a "for foo do" loop.
>
> And this one for the other files:
>
> svn up trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts
> cd trunk/l10n-kde4/hsb/messages
> ../../scripts/conversion/kdepo2std.pl kdelibs/kdelibs.po
>
> AFAIK i didn't loose anything, all changed strings were made fuzzy.

Thanks,

I actually used the procedure
> > cd trunk/l10n-kde4/
> > ./scripts/conversion/convert_language.sh ../../branches/stable/l10n lt

The script convert_language.sh uses the scripts you mentioned. It did not do
as much job as pomigrate2 does (did not initialize files absent in stable,
did not try to make a compendium and do automatic translation) but it did a
fairly good job.

If I write a howto to be inclueded in the header of convert_language.sh file,
will someone include it in the file?

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info