List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Questions regarding documentation/FAQ
From:       "Renato Pavicic - Translator-shop.org" <renato () translator-shop ! org>
Date:       2006-12-20 11:31:44

Hi there,

I've just started with translations of documentation into Croatian. As
I've just started with docs from kdebase, I have few questions (please
forgive me if they are answered somewhere else):

1. terminology - &FAQ; - could/should I translate this one into
Croatian term/acronym for FAQ?

2. terminology - &kde; - could I put this one in uppercase?

3. faq.po - It says: "Please report any bugs, inconsistencies, or
omissions you find in this &FAQ; to kde-doc-english(at)kde.org."
If this, and other translated documentation has the purpose to reach
people that do not speak english, I think they should write to some
local mailing list? Also, maybe a note that this is english-only list
and that they should contact the translator as well?

4. fay.po - &underFDL; - how to trans this one?

5. faq_about.po - "how to contribute..." - Could I insert text like
(roughly): "You may also try and translate this, contact..."?

6. as I've just started on docs, how do I convert PO them into usable
files and how do I install them?

Thanks!

Best regards,
 Renato Pavicic