List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Helping with spanish translations
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2006-07-15 9:34:05

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 10:58, Edulix wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> I'm new to this list and I want to help with spanish translations but don't
> know where to start or how to join the spanish translation team. It seems
> they ir in holydays because the list seems "dead".
>
> In May I tried to suscribe to the spanish translation team registering in
> the web page. Jaime Robles <jaime@kde.org> who is the coordinator in the
> team sent me a welcome email telling me that I was in the process of
> entering kde-es. I had been quite busy and forgot the email till 11 of this
> month, answering him and giving myu apologies :-). I told him a bit about
> me also: developer of various languages, and active translator from english
> to spanish in wikipedia.
> I also suscribed to kde-es mailing list (and to this one), and sent there
> one or two emails.. but I have received no anwered yet. I  still want to
> help translating all kde (In last kde diggest I saw we have only 96%
> strings translated - that must be fixed ;-), so I request your help!

If really the Spanish translation would be dead (which might be, as there are
no answer to this email yet), you could become the new maintainer.

See the translation HOWTO at:
http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/

As currently it might be holiday time, it might also be that the current team
members are doing other thinks that listening at KDE mailing lists.

> Thanks for your time,
>           Edulix.

Have a nice day!