List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-07-13 23:51:59

Op vrijdag 14 juli 2006 00:43, schreef Jannick Kuhr:
> > > So my personal impression is that you want to abuse the reputation of
> > > the KDE project by placing links (adds?) in our programs to push your
> > > proprietary translation tool.
> >
> > I don't see adding a link to Rosetta as abusing the reputation of KDE.
>
> Exactly that is your problem.
>
> I'm look forward to see more advertisement for other closed source products
> in our software. Great.
>
> Good night, Jannick

Maybe when you wake up, you can think this over again ;-)

I found this message very unfriendly to be honest. I am willing to see if I
can get a dialog going between all of you and the rosetta developers if you
like that idea.

I don't think adding a link will harm KDE more ( or less ) than an icon change
of konquerors logo, changing the default homepage of konqueror or replacing
the icon of the start menu with a SUSE or Red Hat icon.

So, do you choose to see if we can make Rosetta better or shall we discard
that idea to start with?

Toma