List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Where do kopete 0.12 translations com from?
From:       Giovanni Venturi <jumpyj () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2006-06-22 18:17:35

Alle 12:30, mercoledì 21 giugno 2006, Bram Schoenmakers ha scritto:
> Op zondag 04 juni 2006 13:20, schreef Harald Sitter:
>
> Hi,
>
> > On Sunday 04 June 2006 07:55, Funda Wang wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Is there any space on svn for kopete 0.12?
> >
> > Last time I asked, they told me that there won't be any translation work
> > to be done for 0.12. Haven't asked why though.
>
> Well, then I will ask: why?
>
> In my opinion, a translated version of Kopete 0.12 looks awful with the mix
> of translated and untranslated strings. I can't find a valid reasoning for
> this decision.
>
> Kind regards,
Well, the same thing for KDevelop. It will be released a version newer that
the one released with KDE 3.5 but older than the one that will be released
when KDE 4 will be out, but no translation is possible. Isn't wonderful? For
me yes because I translate KDevelop in Italian so no problem to traslate lot
of strings, but a user? What is going to think when I'll install the new
KDevelop release? I think someone will write to my email address asking me
for this, or simply never happen anything. The future is not yet written.

Giovanni
--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.17