List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE
From:       Kevin Donnelly <kevin () dotmon ! com>
Date:       2006-05-29 7:53:22

On Monday 29 May 2006 08:24, Andrey Cherepanov wrote:
> 28 мая 2006 16:10, Kevin Donnelly написал(а):
> > Like it or not, using KBabel+svn will put some people off.  It may be
> > second nature to people on this list, but that emphatically does NOT
> > apply to most users.  A few years ago, we had people questioning the need
> > for a GUI at all - there's no need to repeat the same arguments with
> > regard to using a frontend instead of doing your own backend plumbing.
>
> There is no problem in Russina team to translate in POEdit on Windows and
> send via e-mail to maintainer. I (as maintainer) check translations and put
> in svn. For editing in poedit/kbabel file-oriented translation was more
> consistent.

Yes, that is a viable option, but it still isn't applicable to all situations
(eg the ones Carl mentioned).  You need access to your document, for example.
I think the point is really about offering a menu of options for volunteers,
and to be fair Rosetta (as a mechanism) is doing that.

--

Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly

www.kyfieithu.co.uk - KDE yn Gymraeg