List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE
From:       Thomas Diehl <kontakt () dtp-diehl ! de>
Date:       2006-05-27 23:05:28

Am Sonntag, 28. Mai 2006 00:00 schrieb Spiros Georgaras:

> On the other hand, a tool like resetta permits a person with
> no previous experience in translating KDE apps,  to start
> translating without being able to use tools like "translation
> memory", and without being able to communicate with other
> translators, thus producing what I would think as "low
> quality" material.

Judging from a posting of to the German list for Ubuntu
translators it's even worse: They have no idea of who is
changing what, find it difficult to test their translations in
the actual programs, don't see the source code, not mentioning
context info. So this posting suggests to drop Rosetta entirely
for Ubuntu translation and use gtranslator or emacs instead like
their Dutch team already did (as it says).

For those who read German:
http://www.mail-archive.com/translators-de%40ubuntu-eu.org/msg00071.html

Kind regards,

Thomas