List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [RFC] short message "unfreeze" before KDE 3.5.1
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2005-12-02 22:35:09

Am Freitag 02 Dezember 2005 11:00 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:

> It is much less a problem to "allow" than a technical problem how to make
> it work.
>
> We have currently the tool chain that we have:
> - POT files are created from the DocBook
> - Scripty merges the POT files to corresponding the corresponding PO files
> - original DocBook and translated PO files are merge in the translated
> documentation.

I see no technical problem, just allow to update the documentation for stable
all the time and run the script to generate/merge the docpo files, this only
effects the translation stats and the doc po files, but neither already
generated language docbooks nor compile/install of an already translated
language.

If a team generates again the language docbooks with update_xml, it never
looses a previously succesfully generated language docbook, even if the
current corresponding docpo file has fuzzies or untranslated messages,
because update_xml does not process docpo files with fuzzies or untranslated
messages.

Nobody can loose, but everybody can win:
The doc team has uptodate documentations in stable, the languages teams always
translate the latest documentations in stable.

> Currently, the tools for DocBook to POT and POT to DocBook are compiled;
> that seems to be a problem too for many teams.

compiled? update_xml is just a bash script.
 -v please

Burkhard Lück