List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [RFC] short message "unfreeze" before KDE 3.5.1
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-12-02 10:00:18

On Friday 02 December 2005 09:00, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 01 Dezember 2005 20:13 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> > (As for documentation, due to KDE's all-or-nothing policy, it is more
> > difficult to do something, so they are not part of this "unfreeze"
> > discussion.)
>
> AFAIK Lauri Watts is collecting documentation patches for 3.5.1?
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=112844839327743&w=2

The original idea was to create a separate branch.

(...)
> I don't like this KDE's all-or-nothing policy, try to explain why:

(...)

> I propose to change the documentation policy and to allow documentation
> updates/bugfixes in stable.

It is much less a problem to "allow" than a technical problem how to make it
work.

We have currently the tool chain that we have:
- POT files are created from the DocBook
- Scripty merges the POT files to corresponding the corresponding PO files
- original DocBook and translated PO files are merge in the translated
documentation.

Currently, the tools for DocBook to POT and POT to DocBook are compiled; that
seems to be a problem too for many teams.

> Burkhard Lück

Have a nice day!