List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [RFC] short message "unfreeze" before KDE 3.5.1
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2005-12-02 22:35:32

Am Freitag 02 Dezember 2005 10:08 schrieb Tom Albers:
> Burkhard Lück schreef:
> > I propose to change the documentation policy and to allow documentation
> > updates/bugfixes in stable.
>
> You are right, that is why some teams only translate trunk documentation
> and a few hours before a minor release copy trunk completely to branch. At
> least that matches the application more then branch.

Strings, menus and behaviour of applications differ from stable to branch, so
this could be sometimes only a slightly better match, maybe somtimes even a
worse match.

And its impossible to update the documentation in trunk against moving targets
(the applications), as this check for guilabels, where the text in the
docbook should exactly match the label on screen (according to KDE DocBook
Authors guide, chapter 8), tells me:

Generated on Mi Nov  9 23:04:29 CET 2005 for the whole documentation in trunk
$: python checkdocbook.py -s -t label /home/kdedev/svn/l10n/documentation/
No of documentations                             = 341
No of documentations with errors      191 of 341 = 56 %
No of documentations without errors   139 of 341 = 41 %
7126 guilabels found at 10075 locations in 1015 docbook(s)
guiilabels in docbooks found in 4048 messages catalogues:  3669 of 7126 = 51%
guilabels in docbooks NOT found in 4048 messages catalogues:3457 of 7126 = 49%

Burkhard Lück