List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Some random notes about KOrg Docs
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-29 13:08:40

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 05:53 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 June 2005 07:49, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:16, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > > BTW, they also like "task"
> > > better than "to-do", but we simply never took to time to rename.
> >
> > Yeah, I checked the list archives. People even voted, but nobody changed
> > it.
> >
> > OK, I did :)
>
> Great! If noone else has any objections to renaming to-dos to tasks (and
> sub-to-dos to subtasks), I'm fine with it.

I object, mildy.  On the following grounds:
 1. people refer to their "to-do lists" and not their "task lists" (at least in the \
USA)  2. karm is a "task tracker".  I don't think of to-dos as work you need to keep \
                track of time for
     if korg starts talking about tasks, will users expect tighter integration \
between karm and korg (maybe they should expect that?)  3. why go through all the \
work to change?  will we need to change all the code comments and classes too?

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE